So the Film Festival is starting soon (Wednesday April 3, to be exact) and you are determined to go this year. But you really need a good old fashioned FAQ. Well, here are questions I do get frequently.
- Ask people at the Festival which movies are the best. The first person will love a film. The second person will hate it.
- Listen to well-respected Bill Guenzler, he Art Director of the Film festival and do what he says, or
- Just pick a film and see it.
This year, with Horseshoe Casino and the Indians opener, it is never a better time to take the RTA. Yes, you could drive a car, but you could be driving around for a while. Then, you have to wait for a shuttle. Note that RTA will NOT save you time, just frustration. Take a book to read or something like that.
You are in your car every day. Just enjoy yourself with some music and reading. Also, you will often find other Festival goers on the train or bus where you can trade movie ideas. I do it all the time.
Okay, what did Bill Guenzler recommend?
Here are some of his recommendations coming this weekend
- The Exam – Hungarian thriller spies and counterspies
- Mumbais’ King – Indian film about a teenager who avoids his violent drunkard father
- Paradise Faith, Hope Love – This series of 3 movies explore each different theme in great detail
- Up There – A British comedy about dead people not leaving the living people alone
See you at the movies.