- The developer has stated clearly and repeatedly that the plan is for Oakwood to become one of First Interstate’s “Commons”.
- The developer has stated clearly and repeatedly that this means “value-oriented” retail.
- So, Oakwood will have stores comparable or identical to the ones at Creekside Commons.
- But, Oakwood will be more than 4TIMES LARGER.
- Creekside Commons has 201,632 sq. ft. of retail. The proposed plan is to build 826,000 sq. ft. of retail on Oakwood.
Here are the stores and restaurants currently at Creekside Commons.
Do we need any of these stores? Which ones?
If we do need any of these stores, is it worth ripping up the largest remaining greenspace in the inner-ring suburbs in order to build it?
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Payless Shoe Source
2 Spaces Available
OPPOSE THE REZONING OF OAKWOOD
DEVELOP CEDAR CENTER, NOT OAKWOOD
Citizens for Oakwood is a group of citizens from South Euclid, Cleveland Heights, Lyndhurst, University Heights and surrounding communities working to stop the rezoning of Oakwood, and to determine the best regional use of the largest remaining privately held greenspace in the inner-ring suburbs of Cleveland. For more information call 216-694-8304, or email email@example.com.